Special Insider Briefs | Tony DUrso
Tony DUrso - Special Insider Briefs
With a 1000 interview requests a month to get on my show, I started including short interviews on significant topics to help give important messages a chance at communicating to a large audience.
I call these Insider’s Briefs and they’re usually 10-15 minutes long.
Here are 6 key Insider’s Brief’s covering a range of topics such as:
- How to write influential emails and inspire co-workers to take action,
- How more women are breaking through to the top of the leadership ranks,
- Improving equitable access to safe drinking water the world over,
- A new book to help you take command of your inner strength & build enduring relationships,
- The IBM Skills Build free education program that helps develop new skills and access career opportunities,
- A lifetime travel experience that’s closer than you think in nova scotia.
Listen to The Tony DUrso Show on VoiceAmerica Influencers Platform every Friday at 2pm Pacific or listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or tonydurso.com/podcast.
Insider’s Brief #1
Do you feel like your work emails are being ignored? Would you like some tips for writing influential work emails that actually inspire your co-workers to answer or take action?
Meet Catherine Mattiske, the globally-recognized business trainer and founder of The Performance Company.
We discuss some of the tips for writing influential work emails:
- Keep it short.
- Use “I” statements.
- Avoid Absolutes.
- Build Translation Bridges.
- Ask Questions.
Find out more at TheGeniusQuotient.com
Insider’s Brief #2
The Importance of Equity and Inclusion for Women Leaders in Corporate America. the issues of diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace remain at the forefront of the national conversation.
Today, more women are breaking through to the top of the leadership ranks.
We speak with Kitty Chaney Reed, Vice President, Chief Leadership, Culture and Inclusion Officer at IBM.
- What does the roadmap look like for sustainable progress for women?
- How can employers support their female employees and achieve gender equity in leadership?
- Why is company culture a key factor in helping to advance the careers of women?
- What is IBM doing to strengthen the leadership pipeline for women and do those actions include accountability?
Find out more at ibm.com/women-leadership-2023
Insider’s Brief #3
We’re told the lack of consistent access to clean water is a major problem for two billion people that live in countries experiencing intense water stress.
We speak with Michael Jacobs, Sustainability & Social Innovation Leader, IBM Corporate social Responsibility.
- What is the IBM Sustainability Accelerator?
- How can we improve equitable access to safe drinking water?
- What is IBM doing to support projects that help with this initiative?
- How do organizations that want to participate apply and get involved in the Sustainability Accelerator?
Find out more at ibm.com/impact
Insider’s Brief #4
How to Take Command of your inner strength, build enduring relationships and live the life you want.
Meet Joe Hart, President and CEO at Dale Carnegie Training.
- Take Command is inspired by How to Win Friends and Influence People and Co-Authored by Michael Crom, Grandson of Dale Carnegie. How did the idea for the book emerge?
- What does it mean to take command of your thoughts and emotion?
- We are at the beginning of a new year. How can this book help people Take Command of their 2023?
- Can you share one of your favorite principles and
- How it ties into the book?
Find out more at dalecarnegie.com
Insider’s Brief #5
With new survey insights, IBM is helping under represented communities access STEM skills training and digital credentials.
Meet Justina Nixon-Saintil, IBM Chief Impact Officer.
- Based on your new survey, what are the biggest challenges to training for a role in STEM today?
- How is IBM helping create pathways for underrepresented communities to pursue careers in STEM?
- Can listeners sign up to try online training?
- Should learners just focus on technical training, or is there also value in learning about professional workplace skills?
- The initiatives you’ve described involve all types of certifications – traditional diplomas as well as credentials from shorter programs. How should learners decide what type of training best benefits them?
Find out more at skillsbuild.org
Insider’s Brief #6
American travelers looking for a destination rich with culture, cuisine and outdoor adventure don’t have to go far. Atlantic Canada is easily accessible from the Northeast, offering an abundance of wide-open spaces, coastal small towns, culinary delicacies, outdoor adventures and so much more.
Meet Pam Wambach, Media Relations Specialist for Tourism Nova Scotia.
- What is unique about a Nova Scotia vacation?
- What are some unique adventures/experiences that you can do in Nova Scotia?
- What is significant about the cultural tapestry of Nova Scotia?
- Where can we find more information?
Find out more at novascotia.com
To Our Audience
Thanks again! It’s our honor to have you listen! Click here for the full list of shows by Tony.Please share