David Barnett, two-time Amazon best selling author says, “What do you know about— that others don’t? The key to successfully getting ahead is to leverage your knowledge and skills.”
David is an author and educator in the field of local investing and small
business transactions. He had careers in business brokerage, finance brokerage, commercial banking and business to business sales. In 2014 he released his Amazon Best-selling book, Invest Local, which teaches readers how to safely invest in local small businesses and get superior returns without exposing themselves to increased risk.
David got a fancy university business degree and then spent the next 10 years un-learning his degree while he figured out how small businesses really work.
After a career in advertising, which let him peek inside the workings of hundreds of small businesses, he began the first of several advisory practices in 2006.
- How to get banks to refer customers to you and why they will gladly do this?
- How to set up private lending so that even in a possible default, you still get paid even if the loanee defaults on their bank and other loans?
- How do you find your first deal?
- How to use your industry knowledge to make successful investments that do not compete with your business?
- How big should your deals be, and how many should you do before you really crank on this?
- How much should you have set aside in savings before even thinking about doing this?
- What to do if the investment goes bad or starts to skid? What is the first warning sign of a bad deal?
- What is the maximum percentage of your portfolio to invest in small local businesses no matter your success?
- What other assets can you safely invest in beyond stocks and bonds?
I loved this interview with David Barnett, two-time Amazon best selling author. He is very money-smart!
I appreciate your listenership and hearing from you means a lot to me. Feel free to drop me a message.
If you like pleasure reading, and you enjoy zoning into a good read that you cannot put down, check out The Good, Bad and Gold: The Pursuit. This was a labor of love of ten years in the making. I am well into Book 2 (Dark Horizons). I am also working on an Expanded Edition of The Pursuit with a pre-history of the Imen. It’s a work in progress, so let’s see how that all comes together.
If you want to get some of the simplest and easiest basics of sales, then check out Easy Sales Procedures. You’re gonna say, hey, this is so basic…this is too easy… Yeah, well, I get that a lot.–You need the building foundation in place before you add any floors, right? Check it out and let me know how you like it.
If you want some nostalgic reading; if you want to read one of the most craziest stories you ever heard, then you gotta check out: The Crazy Life of a Kid From Brooklyn by Bill Morgenstein. You will NOT believe the wild antics this guy gets into! And it’s a true story!–And I still can’t stop laughing about the prom! Insane!
Thanks, and remember:
YOU can make life better for yourself and everyone: Choose Wisely!