Marc Mawhinney is on a mission to help coaches build stronger businesses! He has a passion for entrepreneurship, having started a number of businesses in his life and growing one to 100 employees. After becoming a coach, he saw the struggles that coaches face while trying to build their businesses, and decided to do something about it! He launched “Natural Born Coaches” – a podcast to help coaches grow their businesses – and also has his coaching programs and a popular Facebook group: “The Coaching Jungle”!
Join My Free Dream Business Community
Dream Business Community: The Dream Business Community gives the help and support you need for your career and business! Want more success?
- How it all started for Marc Mawhinney at NaturalBornCoaches.com.
- How he bounced back after 2 business closures.
- Dealing with adversity and haters.
- A great way to deal with haters is to ignore them as they will go away.
- Another great method on dealing haters: continue to be more successful as that drives them nuts.
- How to charge what you are worth?
- What happens when you do work for peanuts?
- Great anecdote on the classic movie, What About Bob?
- Raising his prices chases away the Bobs, the free-ple and cheap-ple.
- Working too cheaply eats energy and drags down the business, so why bother?
- Raising prices really depends on the business that you are in.
- Odds are that you may be charging too little.
- Marc has a video on how to aggressively raise your fees.
- Remember, inflation will take a bite out of your prices also.
- Great story on how Marc doubled his rates after doing a summit.
- Clients become more serious also, as they have more skin in the game.
- Great quote, “you can’t light up the world, if you can’t pay your light bill.”
- Trying to please everyone is dangerous…if it’s in excess.
- Story about Kevin Kelly and 1000 true fans.
- You don’t need 7.5 billion people to like you.
- How to build your business without fancy funnels or expensive ads.
- Marc teaches coaches to get paying clients without paid advertising.
- Build up your war chest before you start throwing money into ads.
- You have to learn how to make money without spending huge wads.
- Build up organically first, then ads later.
- If Facebook Groups can fit your business, go for it.
- There’s only so much you can do at one time, so if you dilute yourself too much, then not much gets done (for startups especially).
- Marc’s Facebook Group is at 6600+ members so far!
- What motivates and drives Marc: This is what gets him up every day.
- Having a kid to take care of is a huge driver for an entrepreneur to make success happen.
- Thinking back on past hater’s gives Marc that kick out of bed to make him go out there and get the work done.
- When you had success and then lose it, you have that taste of it and want to get it back again.
- Once you’ve been there (at success) you know you can do it, and you push to make it there again.
- Things do happen for a reason…when one door closes, another door opens.
- There is always an advantage to any disadvantage.
- Hindsight is 20/20, but when you are going through the storm, it can still be difficult.
- Haters are going to hate. Find out how you can get past that. Get around that. That is a big mental block: fear of what other people are saying.
- Marc’s Facebook is: TheCoachingJungle.com and that will send you to Facebook.
- Tip: If you have a Facebook group: Buy the domain and use that as the redirect URL.
- Great interview with Marc Mawhinney at NaturalBornCoaches.com TheCoachingJungle.com.
Get the Mobile App to Revenue Chat!
Revenue Chat Mobile App: For Android or IOS phones. Just click from your Smart Device!
Marc Mawhinney gives an insightful, and delightful talk on how to bounce back from adversity, how to start or re-start a business, how to deal with haters, brain pickers and everything else. Very enlightening! If you are in sales, marketing, business, or working to make money for a living, then this is for you! Check it out.
Revenue Chat is on iTunes!
Check out Revenue Chat on iTunes. Please leave a review!
About Tony DUrso
Tony is a 4-time author with his latest Amazon Bestseller, Elite Entrepreneurs and hosts two weekly Talk Shows:
The Spotlight is a one-hour weekly Internet Radio talk show on the VoiceAmerica’s Influencers Channel, which brings a conversational and entertaining angle into the exciting world of Hollywood Stars, Sports Greats, Game Changers and World Renown VIPs. Voice America boasts over three and a half million listeners across their channels with an expected growth spurt to 10 million.
Revenue Chat is a weekly podcast that uploads every Friday. Each episode, averaging 10,000 downloads, features an Elite Entrepreneur who achieved success in business through hard work and overcoming adversity.
Increase Your Brand Loyalty
Each week 1,000s of listeners download the exciting interviews with some of the world’s top entrepreneurial and business talent on Revenue Chat and The Spotlight. Become a sponsor, and get 1,000s of savvy listeners further exposed to your product and brand. Email me.
Join me on my new one-hour weekly show on the Voice America Influencers Channel. Broadcasting Live Every Friday at 1 pm Pacific. Also available on Mobile.
We interview Hollywood Stars, Sports Greats and Game Changers!
Featured Guest: The Spotlight focuses on Actress, Musician & Animal Crusader: Jon Mack.
Jon Mack is an accomplished & multi-talented artist, actress, musician, music producer, philanthropist, and the founder & president of Defending the Endangered, an organization Jon founded to protect animals at risk of being wiped out by poaching & trophy hunting.
She’s in a number of movies such as Saw, Straight A’s, After Earth, Blunt Force Trauma and the list goes on.
Also, her brainchild Auradrone released 3 albums since 2009 and releases a fourth album in 2018. Auradrone performs in festivals around the world.
Joining Tony as Special VIP Co-Host is Former Broadcast Journalist & Current Personal Development Trainer, Michael Benner.
Thanks, and remember: YOU can make life better for yourself and everyone: Choose Wisely!