EP97. John Lee Dumas: Impacting The Success of Today’s Entrepreneurs
John Lee Dumas is the Founder and Host of EOFire, an award winning Podcast where he chats with today’s most successful Entrepreneurs 7 days a week. With over 1500 interviews to date and multi-millions a year in net revenue, JLD has shown how delivering free, valuable, and consistent content can create a successful business and […]
John Lee Dumas - Impacting The Success of Today’s Entrepreneurs
John Lee Dumas is the Founder and Host of EOFire, a top-ranked, daily podcast featuring interviews with today’s most inspiring and successful entrepreneurs. John & EOFire have been featured in Forbes, TIME and Inc. Magazine.
John’s latest achievement, The Mastery Journal shows how to master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
John shows how to impact the success of today’s entrepreneurs, on this episode of Revenue Chat.
- How it all started for John Lee Dumas of eofire.com
- JLD graduated college as an army cadet, became and officer and spent 4 years in active duty and 4 in reserves.
- He tried law school, corporate finance and real estate and none of it was for him.
- Consuming content voraciously led him to podcasts.
- He looked for a show that produced daily content and could not find one.
- John Lee Dumas has over 1600 episodes and won Best of iTunes.
- Eofire has over 45,000,000 downloads to date!
- John Lee Dumas defines productivity and how it impacts the success or failure of our entrepreneurs today.
- You can be productive and not get anything done that matters!
- Being productive is producing the right content on a daily basis that is moving your life and business forward.
- Too many people are producing the wrong content, or working on the wrong activities.
- JLD defines discipline and how that impacts the success or failure of today’s Entrepreneurs.
- Discipline: Are you being a disciple to a plan of action that you are setting in the morning and executing throughout that day?
- John Lee Dumas loves this quote: if you are failing to plan, you are planning to fail.
- If you don’t have your own plan, you are going to fall prey to OPA: Other People’s Agenda.
- You can still answer your messages and be social, but it doesn’t have to be during the best part of your day.
- You wake up in the morning. You set a plan and you execute that plan. Then you can do social media and inbox.
- JLD: If your plane is going down, and the oxygen masks drop you put it on yourself first, and then help the person next to you.
- You can’t help anyone if you pass out from oxygen deprivation, and it’s the same way with your life.
- First 3 things in JLD’s morning: Exercise, meditation and journaling. And fills up his own gas tank with good food.
- Throughout the day, JLD has 4 major focus sessions. They are timed. And he focuses to complete one task.
- Everyone should try their own times. What works for him is 42 minutes of focus with 18 minutes of refresh time.
- Then he self-evaluates the hour production, and then moves on to the next hour with again, 42 mins focus & 18 mins refresh.
- JLD gets more done in his 4 sessions than he used to do all week.
- After the 4 focus sessions, then he gets into answering messages and social media.
- John defines FOCUS and how it impacts the success or failure of our Entrepreneurs today.
- FOCUS: Follow One Course Until Success.
- John Lee Dumas discusses Weapons of Mass Distractions.Turn off your phone, turn off your notifications and FOCUS.
- Put your blinders on and do the one thing that matters in your life or business.
- Be committed to FOCUS.
- John Lee Dumas is amazing: He’s mastered productivity, discipline and focus so beautifully.
- Every day is still a battle for him. Not perfected, but mastered.
- None of this stuff is rocket science. None of this stuff is new.
- JLD’s focus sessions are the Pomodoro Technique.
- When JLD talks about blocking in sections, that is Parkinson’s Law.
- This is why JLD created the Mastery Journal because he is passionate about putting it in front of you so that you have the guide.
- What motivates John Lee Dumas. Check it out! He’s a big lover of freedom.
- John loves the ripple effect, such as this podcast, which connects with one person who’s going to do something with their life.
- John gives a quick rundown on the Mastery Journal.
- JLD discusses the success with the Freedom Journal in helping people achieve their goals in 100 days.
- John ends off with a quote by Albert Einstein: “Try not to become a person of success, but rather a person of value.”
- He’s life really changed once he started delivering consistent value to others. The struggles topped. Success bloomed.
John Lee Dumas rocks the mic and lays it simply on the line on how to be successful through three simple steps: Productivity. Discipline. Focus. He tells exactly how he did it. This is a must listen for anyone that wants to move up to the next level in your career or business! Awesome interview!
To Our Audience
Thanks again! It’s our honor to have you listen! Click here for the full list of shows by Tony.
Remember: Just Take Action. Success awaits those who persevere and remain steadfast despite the odds. - Sew good seeds, do good deeds and join me on the next episode of The Tony DUrso show.Please share