Legendary radio announcer Michael Benner teaches personal development strategies along with non-religious spiritual wisdom as his rubric corporate wisdom. Management of stress, anger, and conflicts along with goal-setting, problem-solving, accelerated learning, leadership and teamwork are some of the main modules of his repertoire. Michael shows us how to release heartache and confusion with self-awareness on this episode of Revenue Chat.
Do You Want More Business?
Get volumes of targeted visitors to your site.
Create Professional Looking Invoices & Get Paid Faster...
FreshBooks invoicing & accounting software is designed specifically for small business owners. Simple, intuitive & way more organized. Go to FreshBooks.com/tony & enter TONY DURSO in how did you hear about us section.
Michael Benner, radio announcer for 40 years, is well known for his talk shows since 1977 on KABC-AM, KLSX-FM, KCBS-FM, KRLA-AM and KPFK-AM which was the only radio program feature in the LA Weekly’s Best of 2000 issue.
His accomplishments are many, of which a short list is: he is the recipient of formal accolades and awards from the United Nations Association, the California State Senate, the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors, the American Red Cross, the Live and Learn Foundation, the National Leukemia Broadcast Council, the Glendale Family YMCA, and the Glendale Jaycees. His biography can be found in Marquis Who’s Who in the West, 27th edition.
Michael was my mentor and helped me start off on the right foot when I developed Revenue Chat. I am extremely grateful for his assistance. As this is my one year anniversary, I found it only fitting to have Michael back on again for another insightful interview.
Michael tells us how to release heartache and confusion with self-awareness, on this episode of Revenue Chat.
- 02:43 The start of Revenue Chat with Michael Benner.
- 05:38 Special mention to Mark Herdering of Hanging Out For a Living.
- 06:31 How it all started for legendary radio announcer Michael Benner.
- 07:27 After a successful 10 years at ABC, what he decided to dedicate his life in doing.
- 07:54 About people we may think are stupid but are really un-aware and why.
- 09:45 It’s in the new book, Fearless Intelligence.
- 09:53 About training at the Sherif’s academy in Orange County, California on “internal vigilance.”
- 11:17 Are there other types of intelligence aside from fearless intelligence?
- 11:37 Other types of intelligence as researched by Dr. Howard Gardner at Harvard.
- 12:51 HR people in corporations are looking for people to hire with this type of intelligence for the job being offered.
- 13:45 This is the focus of Fearless Intelligence.
- 14:03 The majority of people in the world grow old and die without figuring this out.
- 14:56 This one item is the over-arching umbrella over everything.
- 15:05 Definition and meaning of what is Vipassana?
- 16:02 Nobody can make you do this without your agreement!
- 16:37 Amazing insightful quote by Eleanor Rosevelt!
- 17:26 How to apply this in the fast-paced world of business where frustration and anger can be swift?
- 18:28 This is what a leader does. What is charisma and how is it used?
- 18:47 The best way to motivate someone: The command or coach style. This is really something!
- 20:11 About control: A very important concept. It’s more than Stimulus-Response!
- 23:35 How to deal with anxiety, confusion and stress?
- 25:02 To understand look at the vicious cycle between confusion and anxiety which equate to fear and ignorance.
- 29:09 Relaxation and responsibility are the two keys.
- 30:51 What is the greatest of all fears? What’s the big daddy?
- 31:12 Per the Book of Lists the fear of public speaking is the number 1 fear. Death is at 8.
- 32:29 Anecdote about Ed Koch, Mayor of New York in the 70s, “How am I doing?”
- 34:02 A lesson in how unique we truly are, so why try to be like someone else?
- 35:42 Why are most people afraid to understand themselves?
- 39:27 The essence of our soul: We are each truly unique and amazing looking at the world through filters.
- 40:43 Shakespeare said, “to thine own self be true and as the day follows the night, thy canst’ not then be false to any man.”
- 41:30 Breaking down intelligence into its basic parts. The DIKW Pyramid.
- 47:36 Awareness stands above everything. If you were not aware, nothing would exist.
- 47:47 Johannes Tauler, “If I were a king, and did not know it, I would not be a king.”
- 49:04 Who put the grapes in the freezer?
- 50:50 Some superior ways to increase awareness for busy people.
- 55:49 Exercise. Use it or lose it. You gotta move your body.
- 56:16 Break your day into bite size pieces and do one thing at a time.
- 56:54 Work strategy: Dividing your day into two parts and why.
- 59:12 The difference between gut instinct and intuition.
- 1:03:45 What drives Michael to keep on. What’s his vision. Love.
- 1:10:03 Check out Michael Benner’s podcasts at the iTunes store, Stitcher, PlayerFM, Google Play and many others. Search his name or “The Ageless Wisdom.”
- 1:10:40 The new book Fearless Intelligence will be out the first part of 2017. Make a note on that to get it.
- 1:11:03 Michael Benner is also available for phone consultations, private counseling and training for individuals and couples, and seminars for businesses and corporations.
Is Anything Interfering With Your Happiness or Achieving Goals...
Get Better Help: Fill out a form and get matched with a counselor you'll love. Give it a try and get some Better Help. Get 10% off your first month at better help.com/tony.
The Right Hire Can Make a Huge Impact On Your Business...
Post your job to a place where people go every day to make connections, grow in their career, and discover job opportunities. Get $50 off your first job post at LinkedIn.com/tony.
An amazing and highly insightful chat with Michael Benner addressing important points of success, motivation, leadership, control. The list goes on! Managers, business owners, CEOs, husbands and wives, and everyone else: You gotta check this out and change your life habits immediately. Mind blowing!
Get your Logo, Web, and Graphic Design from DesignCrowd. Quick & easy to get started with money back guarantee! Unlimited Designs & Revisions!
Become a Revenue Chat Sponsor
Sponsor Revenue Chat: Get 1000s of people going to your site! What else is there to say?!
Earn Money while getting Super-Healthy
Rain: Soul: Helps with Pain, Diseases, Diabetes, Cancer, Inflammation and has an amazing income opportunity!
Make Money While Saving Energy
Make Money while Saving Energy: And are you ready for this? No selling required!
Subscribe to Revenue Chat on iTunes!
iTunes: Hey, join me on iTunes and get incredible advice, insight and takeaways from today’s Elite Entrepreneurs!
Get the App to Revenue Chat!
Revenue Chat Mobile App: For Android or IOS phones. Just click from your Smart Device!
Resources: Valuable Takeaways For Success
Takeaways: More resources and great takeaways for your next-level growth.
Thinking About Life Insurance?
Did you know the older you get, the more it costs? Let SelectQuote save you time and money. Get your free quote at SelectQuote.com/durso today.
Free Scalar Treatments 15 Days for 25 People
Check out the soothing health benefits of scalar energy with free treatments at http://bit.ly/2HF5D5J I am impressed at what it did for us.
Grow Any Size Business or Career with The Vision Map™
Finally an actual roadmap to success. Stay on the road. Stay on course. Keep driving and you will wind up with success in your business, career and even your life. And it's FREE. The Vision Map™--Arrive At Destination.
Want to Build or Scale Up Your Podcast?
I'm helping others create amazing podcasts, including getting lots of downloads. I'm kinda the "secret weapon" for some great shows out there. Want help with yours? Ask Me.
Thanks, and remember: YOU can make life better for yourself and everyone: Choose Wisely!