EP66. Carlos Hidalgo: How to Drive Demand and Market Revenue
CEO and founder of Annuitas, Carlos Hidalgo runs a highly successful B2B demand generation and marketing strategy firm. Marketing expert and author of the new book, “Driving Demand,” he was just recently named the “Most Influential B2B Marketer in the U.S.” as well as one of the “Top 40 Most Inspiring Leaders in Sales Lead […]
Carlos Hidalgo - How to Drive Demand and Market Revenue
Carlos, CEO and founder of Annuitas, is an innovative thought-leader with over 20 years experience as a B2B marketing practitioner and industry visionary.
He’s widely recognized for his expertise in strategic integrated marketing, Demand Process, Demand Transformation and marketing automation.
Carlos is one of the 50 Most Influential People in Sales Lead Management for the last five years and a Who’s Who in BtoB Marketing in 2011 and 2012.
He tells us how to drive demand and market revenue, on this episode of Revenue Chat.
- 04:12 It started with opportunities in working with some smart marketers.
- 04:53 What are the challenges marketers will likely face in the near future?
- 05:19 More people added to the buying committee; buying process taking longer.
- 06:03 How to engage in a conversation without trying to go for the kill every time?
- 06:57 Reference to Scott Brinker’s super graphic as it grows and grows.
- 07:22 There’s no better time to be a BtoB marketer.
- 07:54 What are the types of content we should be creating, and when we should use them to reach our audiences?
- 08:14 We have a lot of content producers, but not content marketers.
- 10:17 How do we get into the buyer’s head to find out what content we should be delivering?
- 10:56 Questions to ask our customers about their buying.
- 11:24 Accessing available industry reports about your buyers so that you can write good content.
- 12:43 How do we build a marketing process that sets us up for success?
- 14:20 What does it mean to “drive demand” within an organization?
- 15:20 Organizations need to change how they traditionally performed sales and marketing.
- 16:49 Can you define and tell us more about Demand Generation Strategy and Execution?
- 17:35 Buyers don’t start and stop. A segment is always in a buying process.
- 17:52 We need to develop a perpetual program. First and foremost.
- 18:15 It’s a marketing and sales discipline.
- 19:07 The execution is really building it out, creating the content.
- 19:29 What are the channels and the tactics to push the content out to buyers?
- 20:12 How does predictive analytics fit in?
- 20:35 You should be starting your program with a standard set of KPIs.
- 22:17 Hey everyone! We’re in a new era and this is how it should be: Transforming Demand Generation.
- 23:22 Our buyer has transformed. We have to transform.
- 24:33 How Carlos Hidalgo sees the future.
- 24:43 Sales has to come to terms they are no longer the sole revenue engine of the company.
- 26:21 Sees a vision where marketing and sales groups come together and align around the buyer.
- 28:15 Technology by itself does nothing. You need the human element to put it all together.
- 28:55 Parting shot: Do everything you can to get into the shoes of your buyer.
Carlos Hidalgo provides a very informative and very educational interview on understanding our buyer and on the cohesion between sales and marketing.
ClickFunnels helps you find your voice and build a mass movement. Get Russell’s book for free — just cover the shipping. Check it out.
Future. Get your first 2 weeks with your personal trainer for $1. I use their service and Love It. You will too.
LinkedIn lets you post your job to a place where people go every day to make connections. Get $50 off your first job post.
Simplisafe helps you get commercial grade enterprise level security for your home at very low price. Try the 60-day risk free trial.
Wealthfront shows you how you can start earning 18x more interest on your savings. Open an account with just $1.
ZohoCrm helps you nurture lasting customer relationships with over 40 integrated business apps and an AI-powered sales assistant. Free Trial
To Our Audience
Thanks again! It’s our honor to have you listen! Click here for the full list of shows by Tony.
Remember: Just Take Action. Success awaits those who persevere and remain steadfast despite the odds. - Sew good seeds, do good deeds and join me on the next episode of The Tony DUrso show.Please share