–> Listen on your Smart Device tonydurso.com/mobile or iTunes.
Vitaly Golomb is a venture capitalist, serial entrepreneur keynote speaker and author of Accelerated Startup; a former founding partner at HP Tech Ventures, which is the corporate venture arm of Silicon Valley’s original startup; he’s currently Managing Director and Global Head of Principal Investments at IEG Investment Banking Group; he’s a contributing writer to TechCrunch; and he’s a top-ranked mentor at a number of startup accelerator programs.
Do You Want More Business?
Get volumes of targeted visitors to your site.
Learn Business, Marketing, Design & More...
Join the millions of students already learning on Skillshare today with a special offer just for my listeners: Get two months for just 99 cents!
- A great list of accomplishments for Vitaly Golomb at golomb.net.
- Here’s what made Vitaly get into mentoring startup program.
- A techie at 13, he started running companies while in college.
- Before he went to the “dark side” he had an office in the Ukraine and then began mentoring others, and this is what he noticed.
- Entrepreneurs around the world had these same issues.
- These activities in Europe, Asia and China lead him to write his book.
- You should listen to his TedTalk mentioned here because few have gone through such adversities and come out on top.
- How do you accelerate a startup?
- What is a startup? Is every new business a startup?
- Are you doing something different that no one has done before?
- Are you doing something that has no roadmap, because it’s completely new?
- This is precisely where mentoring comes into play.
- Are you going out there, into the wilderness without a map?
- You have to do this to make less mistakes and get closer to your goal.
- Is the way to accelerate a startup, to throw money at it? You will be surprised to find this out.
- Here are some of the actions that Vitaly can bring to the table that can truly help a startup become successful.
- If your business is going the wrong way, this will happen by throwing money at it. Surprising.
- Did you ever guess that having constrained resources will accomplish this fact?
- There are plenty of stories of companies being over-funded and having this action happen to them.
- Milestone or stage-based startups. Is that good?
- Expanding a startup is like a video game. You have to beat the boss to move up to the next level. Check this out.
- There are 3 general areas in the startup journey described here.
- Are you trying to get a product-market-fit?
- Are you trying to find the customer for your product which solves a problem for them that they must have?
- Do you have a product that almost sells itself?
- The most fun part of the startup journey is the transition.
- Now that you hit this level, you really graduate and become a company.
- Do you see the same small company at conferences, year in, year out, and they are doing the same thing on a very slow basis? Vitaly tells why.
- The goal here is to graduate to the next stage and become a company as fast as possible.
- Here’s a breakdown on how financing works to grow a company.
- At this point, now you can raise seed capital.
- When you have proof of concept, your making money on every customer, you can raise series A.
- When you really start showing that your scaling and these steps… then you can raise series B.
- Think of your business like this: it’s a science experiment.
- What makes a startup special?
- What is attractive and makes it a win-win for a venture capitalist?
- There is a limited time for a startup idea to graduate before it becomes enterprises. So there is going to be a race there.
- When Vitaly listens to a founder and entrepreneur pitch their startup, he asks these two questions.
- Vitaly talks deeply about taking companies to $100 million, $300 million, and even a $ billion revenue company.
- This interview with Vitaly Golomb is not about making a million a year, or in that range. It’s a much bigger game…
- Now, we move into the entrepreneur world a little bit deeper here.
- What do entrepreneurs need to get going?
- What are some of the big mistakes entrepreneurs make?
- This one point is the most important by far.
- You will see this in all the surveys of failed startups.
- Vitaly Golomb gives a list of actions here to take to grow your business.
- Vitaly made this mistake with a company and shares his wisdom.
- The more successful you are, the more of these things will show up to get in your way.
- A little bit of info on Vitaly Golomb’s book, Accelerated Startup.
- Touring at least 20 countries a year, Vitaly sees these same problems with startups. All of these are in his book.
- Vitaly writes how to take your idea, turn it into a product, and turn that into a company.
- Every step imaginable is in Vitaly’s book on how to truly build your business up to your first 10,000 customers.
- Vitaly’s book is available in hardback, on Amazon, on Kindle, as an e-book, audio book…the works.
- Vitaly Golomb shares his personal motivation and drive. Heartwarming.
- Check out Vitaly at golomb.net.
Here's Your Chance to Sell Products & Services in High-Volume
Get everything you need to market, sell AND deliver your products and services online, without having to relay on a team team. Cool, huh? Try ClickFunnels completely for free.
Vitaly Golomb provides an exact and detailed roadmap for any startup to accelerate rapidly to the hundreds of $ millions in a few years. Listen up to someone who’s done it over and over, and over. He knows what he’s talking about and gives some great information. This is a must for anyone that wants to grow their business!
Grow Any Size Business or Career with The Vision Map™
Finally an actual roadmap to success. Stay on the road. Stay on course. Keep driving and you will wind up with success in your business, career and even your life. And it's FREE. The Vision Map™--Arrive At Destination.
Want to Build or Scale Up Your Podcast?
I'm helping others create amazing podcasts, including getting lots of downloads. I'm kinda the "secret weapon" for some great shows out there. Want help with yours? Ask Me.
YOU can make life better for yourself and everyone: Choose Wisely!