Growth Leader, Michael Sacca is the Head of Sales & Marketing at Dribbble, which recently acquired Crew where he was President. Michael also hosts the podcast Rocketship.fm which recently launched a new show, This New Economy, which is focused on stories about humanity told through economics. Michael started his career as a designer and developer building a small agency out of San Diego, before taking over the role of head of partnerships at Crew in 2015.
Join My Free Dream Business Community
Dream Business Community: The Dream Business Community gives the help and support you need for your career and business! Want more success?
- How it all started for Michael Sacca at rocketship.fm.
- He started off with a degree in music, and then became a waiter!
- Starting off to try his hand in tech, he found he loved it. From there, he built a consulting agency.
- Michael Sacca tells us about one of his defining moments of the company he built. Later, Michael joined Crew.
- A little info about Dribbble. A top 1000 website. It’s a design community with millions of people coming to the site every month.
- Michael became President of Crew last November, and lead the acquisition of Crew by Dribbble.
- About Dribbble podcasts, which are different from rocketship.fm. The Overtime podcast.
- The Overtime podcast is an essential listen if you want to know what designers are doing these days.
- Michael started and hosted rocketship.fm about 3 years ago.
- He was getting people to come onto his podcast to share their thoughts and secrets of what they were working on.
- Michael discusses his newest show: This New Economy.
- Cool revelation and the “un-talked about secret” in having a podcast.
- Michael Sacca has a ton of downloads on his podcast.
- Great chat on listening to podcasts, title selection, and tips on getting listeners.
- Getting downloads is all about the optimization, and getting your audience motivated to leave a review: both help to move up the iTunes charts.
- iTunes is the big one – that’s what moves the needle for most people.
- Finding your niche is also very important when it comes to getting a lot of downloads for your podcast.
- This New Economy came out of their love for podcasting.
- Last season Rocketship.fm took an editorial approach about very specific topics.
- They selected 6-7 topics to discuss and then created multiple interviews to bring those stories together.
- One of their latest series was about achieving greatness with Malcom Gladwell’s book Outliers on K. Anderson’s 10,000 hours rule.
- This New Economy interviewed Dennis Crowley of Foursquare, Seth Godin, and the great big wave surfer, Laird Hamilton.
- Interesting stories were told of the sacrifices these greats made along the way to achieve what they achieved. Stories from their spouses and any regrets.
- 5 more episodes to go with Season One of This New Economy.
- He landed Seth Godin to interview! OMG! No more words for this one!
- What motivates and drives Michael Sacca. To help people and lend an empathetic ear.
- Great purpose by Michael Sacca to bring empathy in his work.
- There’s a lot more greatest in Michael. Much more to come I’m sure.
- When we are starting any new venture: not everyone has all the answers, yet they managed to achieve success. They got started down that path.
- Michael wants anyone who is pursuing an entrepreneurial endeavor to know that they may not always be killing it and make a couple of mistakes along the way.
- It’s the mistakes that teach us to do it better the next time.
- If you don’t try, then nothing ever happens!
- You can reach Michael Sacca on Twitter @michaelsacca as well as rocketship.fm.
Get the Mobile App to Revenue Chat!
Revenue Chat Mobile App: For Android or IOS phones. Just click from your Smart Device!
Michael Sacca gives a delightful interview on a number of topics: being a successful entrepreneur, growing a business, running a podcast, starting a hot new show (This New Economy), Dribbble, Crew, Rocketship.fm, and what it takes to achieve success (the 10,000 hours rule). Great inspiration for anyone who has a goal they want to reach!
Revenue Chat is on iTunes!
Check out Revenue Chat on iTunes. Please leave a review!
About Tony DUrso
Tony is a 4-time author with his latest Amazon Bestseller, Elite Entrepreneurs and hosts two weekly Talk Shows:
The Spotlight is a one-hour weekly Internet Radio talk show on the VoiceAmerica’s Influencers Channel, which brings a conversational and entertaining angle into the exciting world of Hollywood Stars, Sports Greats, Game Changers and World Renown VIPs. Voice America boasts over three and a half million listeners across their channels with an expected growth spurt to 10 million.
Revenue Chat is a weekly podcast that uploads every Friday. Each episode, averaging 10,000 downloads, features an Elite Entrepreneur who achieved success in business through hard work and overcoming adversity.
Increase Your Brand Loyalty
Each week 1,000s of listeners download the exciting interviews with some of the world’s top entrepreneurial and business talent on Revenue Chat and The Spotlight. Become a sponsor, and get 1,000s of savvy listeners further exposed to your product and brand. Email me.
Join me on my new one-hour weekly show on the Voice America Influencers Channel. Broadcasting Live Every Friday at 1 pm Pacific. Also available on Mobile.
= The Spotlight with Tony DUrso = We interview Hollywood Stars, Sports Greats and Game Changers!
Tune in and check us out!
Thanks, and remember: YOU can make life better for yourself and everyone: Choose Wisely!