Bob Burg’s highly influential book, The Go-Giver, coauthored with John David Mann sold over half a million copies and translated into 21 languages. Released in a new, expanded edition, with a foreword by Huffington Post founder and publisher, Arianna Huffington, Bob shows us how to give exceptional value and enjoy extraordinary results!
Join My Free Dream Business Community
Dream Business Community: The Dream Business Community gives the help and support you need for your career and business! Want more success?
Lightspeed Speaker Series
Lightspeed provides information about important topics such as: social media for small business, building customer relationships, investing in employees, retail technology, and growing your business.
- How it all started for Bob Burg at TheGoGiver.com.
- “Continuing to learn” is Bob’s position and he is an ongoing student.
- Bob began as a broadcaster, and then got into sales with book reading by some masters: Hopkins & Ziglar.
- You don’t have to re-invent the wheel, as it’s probably been invented.
- Great definition of a “system” by Bob!
- Bob began teaching sales, and then got into a speaking career.
- What about those that are not entrepreneurs?
- Discussion on adding value to a company as an employee.
- About the intrapreneur. Your client is your employer.
- About the 5 laws in Bob’s book, The Go-Giver. It’s a business parable.
- The shift is from getting to giving. Consistently providing value to others.
- #1 Law of Value: Your true worth is determined by how much you give in value, than what you take in payment.
- You need to understand the difference between price and value.
- Value comes in many forms, but it’s always in the eyes of the beholder.
- Quick anecdote about one of his heroes: Harry Browne.
- #2 Law of Compensation: Your income is determined by how many people you serve, and how well you serve them.
- #3 Law of Influence: Your influence is determined by how abundantly you place other people’s interests, first. Doesn’t mean to be a doormat or martyr.
- Move from “I” focus to “other” focus.
- #4 Law of Authenticity: The most valuable gift you have to offer is yourself.
- Showing up authentically is great business.
- Are you aware of your “assets of value”?
- #5 Law of Receptivity: Great parable explaining this law. You cannot just breathe out nonstop.
- Giving and receiving are two sides of the same coin; they work in tandem.
- Bob and his coauthor received more communication about this 5th law than the others. Many said it’s tough.
- Focus on the giving and allow the receiving. And you will live a life of abundance.
- How does a person add value to others without costing too much money?
- Technology has evened off the playing field.
- When you sell on value, you are a “resource.”
- The 5 elements to put in at every single touch point in a relationship: Excellence, consistency, attention, empathy and appreciation.
- Read excerpts of Bob’s books, at TheGoGiver.com.
- About Bob’s “drive-by mentor” at the office: don’t make money as your target. Your target is serving others.
- You get money by hitting your target: serving others.
- Bob does speaker training, sales teaching training and has a go-giver sales academy which is a 2-day event. There is also an online version.
- Remember: You just can’t take, take, take!
- Check out Bob’s book at TheGoGiver.com.
Business Hangouts: Webinar Platform
I partnered up with Business Hangouts, a Webinar platform with over 2 million users, and they have agreed to offer our listeners a completely free trial of their Webinar service!
Rain: Pushing the Boundaries of Human Potential
Rain: Soul: Helps with Pain, Disease, Diabetes, Cancer, Inflammation and other issues!
Bob Burg gives a highly educational look at the real world of sales and how to generate the income you want by serving others, and focusing on providing value. Then allow the money to come. His highly influential book, The Go-Giver says it all. Learn the Five Laws of Stratospheric Success in this episode. A dynamic interview with a true master who humbly considers himself only a student!
Get the App to Revenue Chat!
Revenue Chat Mobile App: For Android or IOS phones. Just click from your Smart Device!
Revenue Chat is on iTunes!
Check out Revenue Chat on iTunes. I would greatly appreciate a kind review if you like it.
About Tony DUrso
Tony is a 4-time author with his latest Amazon Bestseller, Elite Entrepreneurs and hosts two weekly Talk Shows:
The Spotlight is a one-hour weekly Internet Radio talk show on the VoiceAmerica’s Influencers Channel, which brings a conversational and entertaining angle into the exciting world of Hollywood Stars, Sports Greats, Game Changers and World Renown VIPs. Voice America boasts over three and a half million listeners across their channels with an expected growth spurt to 10 million.
Revenue Chat is a weekly podcast that uploads every Friday. Each episode, averaging 10,000 downloads, features an Elite Entrepreneur who achieved success in business through hard work and overcoming adversity.
Increase Your Brand Loyalty
Each week 1,000s of listeners download the exciting interviews with some of the world’s top entrepreneurial and business talent on Revenue Chat and The Spotlight. Become a sponsor, and get 1,000s of savvy listeners further exposed to your product and brand. Email me.
Join me on my new one-hour weekly show on the Voice America Influencers Channel. Broadcasting Live Every Friday at 1 pm Pacific. Also available OnDemand. (It’s free.)
We interview Hollywood Stars, Sports Greats and Game Changers!
Featured Guest: The Spotlight focuses on Former Pro NFL Player, Ben Troupe.
As a senior Gator & team captain in 2003, Troupe was a first-team All-South-Eastern Conference (SEC) selection and received first-team All-American honors from ESPN, Rivals.com and Sports Illustrated.
He played tight end for the Tennessee Titans from 2004 to 2007 & was nicknamed “Troupe Scadoop.” During his four seasons with the Titans, he made 106 receptions for 1,056 yards & seven touchdowns. Troupe was a tight end in the National Football League (NFL) for five seasons and played professionally for the Tennessee Titans & Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Special VIP Guest Co-Host: Dr. Barbara Young:Dr. Barbara Young is a Lifetime Achievement Award 2016 Recipient.
TKO Tip Of The Week presented by Maura Sweeney: At midlife, Maura took her eclectic background — law school, corporate management, home schooling mom, volunteering and global travels — to transform herself into the Ambassador of Happiness(R).
Thanks, and remember: YOU can make life better for yourself and everyone: Choose Wisely!