Ruth’s bestselling book, The Courage to be Profitable, is preceded by two award winning books, The Ugly Truth about Small Business and The Ugly Truth about Managing People.
As a seasoned, serial entrepreneur she helps businesses get and stay profitable. Since 1981 Ruth has owned eight businesses including Profitability Revolution. She grows her own businesses as well as coaches, speaks and helps other small business owners reach their goals.
After twelve years on the road, she found a better way to reach entrepreneurs who want to build their businesses. She began Internet training in 1998 and began her first television broadcasting in 2002. Her latest channel, Profitability Revolution, broadcasts ideas, news, strategies and other information that matters to small business owners 24/7.
Ruth also started the Decatur, Georgia branch of the Small Business Development Center, founded the Women’s Entrepreneurial Center and taught a year-long course for women who want to start their own businesses.
She holds an MBA in Finance from Georgia State University.
All right, get ready for Ruth to give us some profitability tips to help our businesses grow, right here on Revenue Chat.
- When do small business owners really begin to understand the financial side of their business?
- What is most important: cash, cash flow, or profits?
- What financial information do you really need each month?
- What is the difference between cash based and accrual based accounting and which one should you use for your business?
- What is net profit per hour and why should you manage your business by this method?
- Why is the balance sheet more important than the P&L?
- What are the most common mistakes on a balance sheet?
- What is the best way to keep the honest people honest so they don’t steal from you?
- Why should you never allow your bookkeeper to sign checks?
This is a very cool interview with Ruth King, Best Selling Author and Profitability Master!
I appreciate your listenership and hearing from you means a lot to me. Feel free to drop me a message.
If you like pleasure reading, and you enjoy zoning into a good read that you cannot put down, check out The Good, Bad and Gold: The Pursuit. This was a labor of love of ten years in the making. I am well into Book 2 (Dark Horizons). I am also working on an Expanded Edition of The Pursuit with a pre-history of the Imen. It’s a work in progress, so let’s see how that all comes together.
If you want to get some of the simplest and easiest basics of sales, then check out Easy Sales Procedures. You’re gonna say, hey, this is so basic…this is too easy… Yeah, well, I get that a lot.–You need the building foundation in place before you add any floors, right? Check it out and let me know how you like it.
If you want some nostalgic reading; if you want to read one of the most craziest stories you ever heard, then you gotta check out: The Crazy Life of a Kid From Brooklyn by Bill Morgenstein. You will NOT believe the wild antics this guy gets into! And it’s a true story!–And I still can’t stop laughing about the prom! Insane!
Thanks, and remember:
YOU can make life better for yourself and everyone: Choose Wisely!